Under the direction of the Manager of Accounts Payable, performs a variety of responsibilities, such as reconciling general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts payable, and cash disbursements (expenditures, student refunds, etc.). Provides general administrative support for the department. Performs other related responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Verifies transfers and totals for monthly expenses in all accounts and prepares journal entries as appropriate.
2. Performs account analysis and maintenance and assists with preparation and reconciliation of 1098/1099’s on a yearly basis.
3. Prepares schedules and provides assistance with the annual audit.
4. Reviews disbursement documents submitted for approval signature/s, appropriate sales tax, IRS reimbursement compliance, and compliance with federal, state, and college policies, procedures, and regulations.
5. Receives, counts, balances, and posts financial transactions to proper accounts and ledgers; enters inventory, financial and statistical data to proper account; adjust accounts as needed.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related area required. Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting or related field. Experience in higher education preferred. Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open-door policy. Knowledge of accounting methods, procedures, IRS 1099 reporting requirements and record keeping related to accounts payable. Demonstrates skill to work with a variety of computer software, database management, and other software applications. Exhibits strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code S-PAYABLE) curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by September 13, 2019. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com