Under the direction of the Managing Director of Financial Operations and Student Assistance, this role performs a variety of responsibilities, such as reconciling general and subsidiary ledgers, overseeing the cash window, and student account receivable collections. Provides general administrative support for the department. Performs other related responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a front-line resource at the Bursar’s Office window, responding professionally and courteously to inquiries from students, parents, staff and other constituents through personal, electronic, and telephone communications.
- Processes daily payment receipts for accounts receivable invoices and miscellaneous billings for student and non-student accounts. • Reconcile daily cash receipts by verifying cash, checks, and wire payments against data entered in Ellucian Colleague System. Receive, review, and process petty cash requests in accordance with department and College policy and procedures.
- Processes third-party billing and waiver programs including Dual Enrollment and Early College Students
- Assists students with understanding the college’s payment policies, payment plans, drop for non-payment process, IRS Form 1098-T, 529 Plans, and account balances.
- Acts as a liaison between Bursar’s office and internal departmental customers to ensure accurate and efficient student billing, processing non-accounts receivable deposits, posting miscellaneous fines and fees (i.e. public safety tickets, library fines, student life transactions), completing tuition rebill requests, and handling student account restrictions.
- Perform collection and follow-up on past-due student accounts assigned prior to, during, or after graduation or withdrawal from the College.
- Reviews incoming mails and processes accordingly.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Managing Director or other designated management.
Required Qualifications: Education: Associate’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related area required. Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in Customer Service, accounts receivable, general accounting or related field. Experience in higher education preferred. Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open-door policy. Knowledge of accounting methods, procedures, IRS 1098 reporting requirements as well as record keeping related to student tuition and fees. Demonstrates skill to work with a variety of computer software including MS Office, proficient with Excel and Word, database management, and other software applications, Colleague preferred. Exhibits strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning. Must be a team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work with a diverse student and employee population. Must have ability to work a varied schedule, including the ability and willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent/cover letter (including the job code AA-Bursar) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by February 28, 2020. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com