This confidential position provides executive-level administrative, research, and general support to the Office of the President. Requires understanding of issues related to policy, procedures, and confidential matters. Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment and action. Must be organized, flexible and responsible. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and proficiencies in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, presentation slides, and other materials. Initiates the preparation of routine correspondence for the President’s signature.
- Provides topical information for reports and records through research, data retrieval, compiling, and/or tabulating statistics, and organizing and presenting the information in usable and understandable formats.
- Conducts special audits, studies, and investigations as needed.
- Collects and analyzes data, and prepares materials for presentations.
- Maintains accurate records and prepares confidential material for the President.
- Manages and responds to project-related correspondence. Develops agendas for Executive Council meetings and Management Team meetings, and takes minutes for the Executive Council meetings. Receives and reads incoming correspondence. Prioritizes review of correspondence, screens out items to be handled personally, and forwards remainder as appropriate.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors. Independently handles procedural matters and inquiries or refers callers to the appropriate areas.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative in establishing and revising manual and electronic filing systems. Enters updates and retrieves the information stored in files and databases.
- Provides guidance and instruction to others in order to maintain accurate files and records. Ensures confidentiality of information.
- Assists with the maintenance of the President’s calendar.
- Assists with meeting schedules, plans, and food service for meetings and luncheons, and Board of Trustee meetings when necessary.
- Handles travel arrangements as needed and performs required administrative follow-up and record-keeping.
- Follows established commencement timelines in the performance of tasks supported by the President’s office, including the initiation of correspondence for the President’s signature, letters of invitation to platform guests and various dignitaries, condition inventory of robes for Board of Trustee members, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open door policy. Has intermediate proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite. Exhibits strong skills in:
2. Customer Service
3. Building Relationships
Education: Completion of two (2) years of college or business or secretarial school or eight (8) years of equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience supporting an executive-level position, preferably in a higher education environment; business and/or supervisory experience is a plus. This position requires flexibility as the position may be required to work some evenings and possible weekend hours.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code AA-OP) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by July 23, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org