Part Time Position
Salary: $25 – $30
This position is responsible for supporting the academic and workplace success of all advanced manufacturing apprentices participating in the CareerAdvanceUSA grant through Bergen Community College.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and marketing of all participant/employer orientation sessions to inform potential apprentices about the CareerAdvanceUSA Grant and available career pathways through apprenticeship.
- Assist the Manager of Business Development with program-related files and documentation related to participant outreach, placement, completion, and wage increases.
- Establishment and maintenance of an organized and confidential data information management system.
- Assist the Manager of Business Development with the growth of ongoing relationships with potential employers.
- Build and maintain positive and proactive relationships with key college and community stakeholders.
- Confer and obtain student and employer feedback regarding students’ apprenticeship experiences
- Interact and collaborate with community-based partners regarding employment initiatives
- Collaborate with the Manager of Business Development, Business Liaisons, and Office of Grants Administration staff to complete reporting as outlined in the CareerAdvanceUSA grant.
- Participation in staff meetings, in-service training, staff development meetings, and meetings as needed with community partners
- Serve as a liaison to other areas within the College and outside agencies as needed to support students’ goals toward employment
- Preparation and tracking of all career-based activities and outcomes
- Perform additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Manager of Business Development
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Other tasks as assigned
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: (1) Reports to the Manager of Business Development, or other College/CE/WFD manager, as appropriate. (2) Coordinates work within the office and between offices with other staff. (3) Ability to relate well to people at all levels within the institution to ensure that the office is projected effectively in dealing with both internal and external constituencies of the College. (4) Performs work in a manner that furthers the College’s mission and values.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Performance in this position is considered satisfactory when: (1) mutually agreed upon objectives have been attained within a specified time frame, (2) responsibilities of the position have been carried out at a level consistent with performance requirements, (3) effective cooperative relationships exist across the College, and (4) confidential aspects of the position are maintained.
(1) Education: Associate Degree and/or related experience in Education, Human Services, Vocational Rehabilitation; (2) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (a) demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open door policy; (b) possesses a strong understanding of the uses of information technology to deliver, monitor and evaluate programs and services for students and the ability to work collaboratively across various constituencies of the College; (c) strong interpersonal skills and must be detail-oriented; (d) proficient in staffing and customer relationship management software and various databases such as Colleague and Salesforce.com; (e) must have a valid driver’s license, private transportation; (f) exhibits strong skills in: communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning; (3) Experience: (a) a minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in advising/counseling, career placement, apprenticeship or human resources; previous experience in job placement field and working knowledge/ability to learn Salesforce.com and other CRMs preferred; (b) business acumen and knowledge of current labor market demands and trends in various industry clusters; (c) working proficiency in reporting tools, and web-based marketing; (d) excellent customer service and written communication skills; (e) ability to work in a team environment; strategic thinker; self-starter;
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent and curriculum vitae or resume. Send materials by email with the job code (CE-AMSCDM) of the position(s) you are interested in applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com