Website Bergen Community College
This Information Technology management level position is primarily responsible for providing assessment, analysis, design, planning, and implementation services for all system and application integrations and managing technical direction across multi-technology solutions and IT systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development, implementation, and support of integrated technical solutions for approved application designs using standard methodologies.
- Oversees the development of requirements for process or system solutions spanning multiple departments by consulting with stakeholders and IT teams (eg. Infrastructure and User Services).
- Engages with department stakeholders to determine the optimal approach: best practices, quickest to deliver, most
cost-effective, all of which must be supportable.
- Assesses the costs, benefits, Return on Investment (ROI), and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of proposed solutions.
- Oversees the implementation of and adherence to standardized tools, templates, and processes to support continuous process improvement across business domains.
- Communicates lessons learned and feedback to department teams, senior leadership, and the IT team.
- Provide direction and management oversight to the system integration team.
- Stay current with technological advances in hardware and software equipment, procedures, and methodologies.
- Coordinate problem determination and problem resolution for complex systems or environments and identify fixes, changes, upgrades, and related functionalities as needed.
- Participate and manage multiple IT projects at the same time, large and small. Participate in monthly after-hours infrastructure maintenance windows, if needed.
- Respond to critical support issues outside of work hours as needed.
- Provide knowledge transfer to other IT team members.
- Acts as performance manager for all direct reports including managing day-to-day performance, producing and communicating written performance evaluations, approving requested time off, and other points of compliance with HR rules, regulations, and unit collective bargaining agreements.
- Significant knowledge of application integrations and Application Program Interface (API) functionality;
- Excellent project management and planning skills to ensure appropriate scheduling of resources;
- Superior communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts/ideas in non-technical language;
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT best practices;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the community college mission and practices an open-door policy;
- Must have demonstrated ability to employ a balanced and positive approach to all work activities and work collaboratively across various
constituencies of the College and with vendors and external constituencies;
- Exhibits strong skills in communication,
customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning;
- Technologically proficient in common
office desktop software and familiar with cloud-based computing and collaborative platforms and software
Must regularly be able to lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds. May occasionally be required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A/B.S.) in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Experience: (a) Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in application and systems integrations; (b) minimum of 4+ years managing technical resources; (c) experience with vendor management and negotiations; (d) experience in Higher Education.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code BCC-ADII), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by October 7th, 2022. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com