The Assistant Director of Technical Systems is responsible for providing technical leadership and support of college server infrastructure and administration. The Associate Director of Technical Systems is part of the Network Services team that is responsible for Network and Server Operations at Bergen Community College’s main Paramus NJ campuses and two satellite school locations.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development, implementation and support of integrated technical solutions for approved application designs using standard methodologies.
- Provide direction and management oversight to the server infrastructure and administration team.
- Analyze and forecast technological needs and recommend system and network development and enhancements.
- Work directly with the technology infrastructure equipment, when needed, to ensure the highest levels of availability.
- Develop, document and maintain standards to ensure a consistent approach is followed when configuring and maintaining network system software and devices.
- Stay current with technical advances in hardware and software equipment, procedures, and methodologies.
- Coordinate problem determination and problem resolution for complex systems or environments and support fixes, changes, upgrades and related functions as needed.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and hands-on experience with file and application server management, virtual computing and physical infrastructure support.
- Participate and manage multiple IT projects at the same time, large and small.
- Participate in monthly after-hours infrastructure maintenance windows.
- Respond to critical support issues outside of work hours as needed.
- Provide knowledge transfer to other IT team members.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A/B.S.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university or 7 years of progressive IT Management experience. Certifications preferred: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), and Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA).
Experience: (a) Minimum of 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; (b) minimum 5+ years hands-on technical experience within systems and server environments including; Windows and Linux systems Administration, Active Directory, Enterprise eMail solutions, SQL, SSO, MFA, Scripting, cloud infrastructure, Hyperconvergence and Virtual Desktop environments. (c) minimum of 2+ years managing Systems Administration staff; (d) minimum 2+ years working with 100+ high availability servers; (e) experience with vendor negotiations; (f) experience in Higher Education.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code IT-AD), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by November 5, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com