This role will will be responsible for the prevention, assessment, treatment and reconditioning of athletic injuries as set forth by the NATA Board of Certification. This includes the proper taping, strapping, bracing and fitting of athletic equipment. The trainer will cover athletic games, relevant events and/or matches under the supervision of the Managing Director of Athletics.
Responsibilities include but not limited:
- Onsite care and management of injuries and illnesses.
- Assess risk of injury, perform ergonomic evaluation and coaching, self-care implementation and overall wellness promotion.
- Electronic documentation of all patient encounters
- Coordinate and implement injury prevention programs and customized preventative strategies and programs to each patient.
- Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education and prevention strategies.
- Communicate with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Health related field with current NATA certification required. Two years experience in intercollegiate athletic training setting preferred. Must hold a valid NJ Driver’s License. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary. Must have knowledge of a large range of medical issues. Assessment, evaluation skills and working with other healthcare providers will be required.
Certifications/Licenses: Must be BOC certified and posses NJ State Athletic Training Licensure, certification or registration. NPI number and CPR Certification are required.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code PT-ATHLETICS) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by November 22, 2019. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to email@example.com.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org