The Student Affairs Division provides a series of services for the College at its Paramus campus, Lyndhurst and Hackensack locations including the administration of Financial aid, Bursar, Admissions, Advising, Registration, Athletics, Summer Intensive, Testing, Student Life and Conduct, and NJ Stars. The division strives to enable the college to carry out its overall mission by continually improving the quality of our services to meet the College’s needs.
The Center for Food Action (CFA) is here for Bergen Community College students, faculty, and staff in need of food and other emergency services.
Position Summary/Job Description
The Resource Coordinator will act as the point of contact to provide services and programming to address social service needs which may adversely affect students’ academic progress. The position will oversee and coordinate food assistance, emergency assistance, address food and housing insecurity on campus and provide social service referrals in collaboration with The Center for Food Action.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop short-term and long term strategic planning initiatives to provide support referrals to students, serve on the campus Hunger Task Force. Create and implement programs to address awareness and services which address food and housing insecurity.
- Collaborate with the Division of Student Services, Division of Academic Affairs, Behavioral Intervention Team, Student Government Association, Campus Hunger Task Force, faculty and staff to address campus social service concerns.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of emergency assistance to include implementation of student social service needs, all aspects of Emergency Fund Request application, monitor distribution of food cards and cafeteria vouchers, collaborate with the on-campus food pantry and The Center for Health, Wellness and Personal Counseling to coordinate services, emergency assistance and other holistic support services for students. Develop and coordinate programs to increase awareness of emergency support services.
- Cultivate new relationships with external community resources. Act as liaison between Bergen Community College and community agencies to address student needs.
- Explore feasibility of establishing a Single Stop at Bergen Community College.
- Assess existing on-campus emergency assistance programs and implement additional services in collaboration with the Dean of Student Support Services or their designee.
- Collect and maintain notes, data of utilization and services provided. Prepare reports for college, federal and state agencies as required.
- Projects a positive self-image of professionalism appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness and personal integrity at all times.
- The Coordinator will ensure the services support the College’s mission and the development, implementation, and maintenance of efficient and cost-effective program policies and procedures.
- Directs and performs other related activities, as required. Leads and/or conducts special projects, as needed. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by College and departmental needs.
- The Coordinator can also provide Academic Advising to students as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related area preferred. Assoc. degree plus related experience maybe considered.
- Ability to think conceptually, develop and implement policies and procedures, and make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse community.
- Proficiency with various computer software programs and Ellucian-Colleague (formerly Datatel) or similar higher education student information system.
- Experience in student support/advisement, case management, program management, implementation, assessment, and administration preferred.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code BHSA), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by October 8, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com