Primary Function: Plan, prepare, and teach English as a Second language lessons to adult learners for work and everyday use.
Daytime and Evening ESL Instructors:
- Provide instruction in English language skills, including, reading, writing, speaking and grammar.
- Effectively differentiate instruction to meet varied learning needs
- Follow course syllabi to facilitate the course plan, goals and objectives for successful instruction and integrate contextualized, student-centered learning into daily lessons.
- Monitor student progress, utilizing formative and summative assessment methods throughout, and assist with testing. Ensure student gains are met and recorded.
- Maintain accurate records for program participants as required by the program and deliver paperwork on or before deadline.
- Alert program staff of any anomalies in a timely way: discipline issues, irregularities in paperwork, site challenges, etc.
- Attend program meetings as required and adhere program guidelines.
- Bachelors with classroom experience teaching adults required. Masters preferred.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Demonstrate exceptional critical thinking skills in responding to a variety of student and learning community demands
- Attentive to deadlines
- Flexibility and ingenuity required
All interested candidates should send their resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information along with the code ESL INSTRUCTOR in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org