Custodian (11:00PM -7:30AM, Monday-Friday and Tuesday-Saturday) (5 positions)
Starting Salary: $32,200
- Overtime Opportunities
- Shift Differential
- NJ School Employee Health Program
- Attend Bergen tuition-free
- Tuition reimbursement toward bachelor’s degree
- Dependents attend Bergen with reduced tuition
- 9 paid holidays, 4 personal days, 13 vacation days, & 15 sick days
- Retirement Plan
- Trainings and Growth Opportunities
Position Status: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Bergen Community College is looking for Custodians to work during the third shift for the college. The Custodians will be responsible for all phases of cleaning and maintenance within the buildings including office areas, corridors, stairwells, elevators, restrooms, showers, classrooms, conference rooms, exterior walks, patios, walls and windows. Typical tasks will include but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing stripping and refinishing of floors, dusting, cleaning restrooms, replenishing bathroom supplies, trash removal, vacuuming carpets, changing light bulbs, setting up and cleaning up for a wide variety of events and executing office moves.
Required: High School graduate or equivalent. Must be able to read and write English and understand safety data sheets and product instructions. Knowledge of custodial procedures.
- Requires the ability to read and follow label instructions on cleaning supplies, as well as, follow basic verbal & written instructions
- Must be able to perform heavy manual labor including ability to perform frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to stand for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to perform certain tasks on a repetitive basis, including but not limited to, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling and squatting
- Must be able to withstand exposure to noise from equipment, machines, and vehicles
- Must be able to work in unconditioned confined spaces in hot or cold climates and must have adequate environmental tolerance, including the ability to work in variable and sometimes extreme weather conditions such as rain, snow, storms, heat, cold, and any other weather indigenous to the area
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to use hand tools and operate manual and power janitorial equipment such as floor scrubbers, buffers, stripping machines and vacuums
- Must be able to shovel snow and remove ice
- Must be able and willing to work independently, as well as, in a team setting.
- Must be able to work with diverse and multicultural students, staff, faculty and visitors with sensitivity and diplomacy
- This position will require flexibility with your schedule
- Six months related experience
- Valid driver’s license
All interested candidates should send transcripts, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. Application materials will be accepted until positions are filled. Send materials by email with “Custodian” in the subject line to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org