Website Bergen Community College
The Director of College Readiness and Early College Program oversees and manages the Student Affairs functions related to the College’s early college, dual enrollment, and college readiness programs. This position maintains a clear vision for efficiency, and ensures program components, processes, and objectives are aligned to foster quality programs that place Bergen Community College as a state and national leader in high school partnerships. The Director collaborates with administration and faculty to ensure programs are aligned with and strengthen Bergen Community College’s strategic goals and statewide initiatives. The Director fosters new and existing partnerships in collaboration with academic and student affairs administration, high school administrators and teachers, and college readiness colleagues to alleviate silos and identify emergent and cutting-edge opportunities.
- Creates the College’s strategic plan for developing, marketing and implementing relevant programs and courses with all High School and Colleges in the North Jersey Community. These programs include College Readiness Grant, Dual Enrollment (DE), Early College (EC) and College Experience.
- Expands and promotes consistency with the Dual Enrollment and Early College programs.
- Coordinates the planning, implementation and assessment of the College Readiness Now Grant Program which introduces high school students to transition programs to college.
- Networks with state representatives to ensure maximum state reimbursement funds and best practices are being met.
- Researches and implements leading innovations in high school partnerships. Keeps abreast of changes within the state to ensure the college meets legislative goals and secures state reimbursements.
- Oversees and generates new articulation and dual admissions agreements.
- Collaborates with marketing on all high school partnership recruitment efforts for the College. Collaborates with Academic Affairs administrators and faculty leaders in the regular review and assessment of the programs to ensure academic integrity, quality and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Creates and maintains key reports and databases on program performance.
- Oversees a vibrant on-boarding process to engage high school colleagues in on-campus professional development activities with Bergen Community College faculty.
- Develops a set of core outcomes for the unit, measures and tracks annual performance against objectives; prepares and submits annual assessment report to the designated office; and fully engages with the College’s outcomes assessment program.
- Prepares, tracks, monitors and adheres to an annual budget.
- Creates and maintains contracts with external partners and works closely with faculty leadership to onboard instructors.
- Works with IT to automate all registration, payment and reporting processes.
- Provides Leadership to the team to create a program under National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) guidelines that seeks to gain and maintain program accreditation.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs or other designated management.
Education: Master’s Degree in Education, Counseling, Administration or related area required. Advanced degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open-door policy. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite. Experience working with an Enrollment Management system such as Ellucian Colleague is a plus. Demonstrated skills in people management, leadership, client and student focus, planning, communication and building relationships.
Experience: A minimum of five years of student affairs, teaching, student development or administrative experience, preferably in a multi-campus community college setting. Experience with working with first generation/low income student populations preferred. Previous experience in college/high school programming such as Dual Enrollment and Early College preferred.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code BC-DCR), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by October 7th, 2022. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com