Bergen Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive community college. More students graduate with associate degrees and certificates from Bergen than any other college in New Jersey. Located in northeastern New Jersey just minutes from New York City, Bergen’s main campus in Paramus features vast physical resources including the Technology Education Center (opened 2003), the region’s only Health Professions Integrated Teaching Center (opened 2016) and the cutting-edge STEM Student Research Center (opened 2019). With two additional locations, one in Hackensack (Ciarco Learning Center) and the other in Lyndhurst (Bergen Community College at the Meadowlands), Bergen provides high quality educational services and programs throughout the county to more than 19,000 credit and non-credit students.
Since its founding in 1965, more than 740,000 students have taken classes at Bergen, with countless others visiting for community and cultural events. The College boasts an accomplished faculty, cutting-edge facilities and opportunities for cultural awareness, civic-engagement and service-learning. Initiatives in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields have uniquely prepared Bergen students as the next generation of STEM innovators.
Graduating students use Bergen’s reputation as a top community college to propel them to institutions nationwide – including all eight Ivy League colleges. Students in career programs enter the workforce in a wide variety of fields, from healthcare to information technology and culinary arts. Bergen graduates earn the highest salaries among the state’s two-year institutions, even out-earning peers from some four-year colleges.
Bergen is a leader among its peer institutions. In 2019, Bergen was awarded the $12 million NJ Health Works grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to lead a consortium of partners to expand and enhance apprenticeship programs for more than 5,000 New Jersey residents. Partners include 14 New Jersey community colleges and healthcare partners such as CVS Health and the RWJBarnabas Health system.
Bergen Community College remains proud of its ethic of care for its students, faculty and staff and invites applications from those wishing to join a community of professionals dedicated to student success.
Bergen Community College is looking for EOF Secretary which will be responsible for the overall functioning of the front office. Provides personalized support for EOF Director and EOF Counselors. Manages the day-to-day operation of the front office. This is a Grant funded position.
• Perform administrative tasks, including scanning, filing, and copying.
• Write/respond to emails, memos and letters.
• Answer general telephone inquiries and respond to requests via telephone and email.
• Assist with EOF program recruitment efforts and follow up with students to ensure
proper supporting documentation is received.
• Educate students about the EOF program application process and supportive services.
• Conduct outreach phone calls to students who are interested in the EOF program.
• Acquaint students with Self Service features and assist with basic troubleshooting.
• Cross-reference information between Colleague and New Jersey Financial Aid Management System (NJFAMS)
• Receive and process intercollegiate EOF transfer forms for students.
• Execute and manage receipt of student progress reports.
• Schedule meetings, make appointments, set up conference calls, and take messages.
• Assist with the coordination of the annual EOF awards ceremonies.
• Delegate projects to student aides and supervise student aide projects.
• Greet and direct students/ visitors to the appropriate individual/ department.
• Any other duty which may further the aims of the EOF program.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: (1) Reports to Director of EOF
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Performance in this position is considered satisfactory
when: (1) mutually agreed upon objectives have been attained within a specified time frame, (2)
responsibilities of the position have been carried out at a level consistent with performance
requirements, (3) effective cooperative relationships exist with team members across the College,
(4) confidential aspects of the position are maintained, (5) Ability to relate well to people at all levels within the institution to ensure that the office is projected in an effective manner in dealing
with both internal and external members of the College community and (6) Performs work in a manner that furthers the College’s mission and values.
Education: Associates Degree required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MS Office knowledge required
- Knowledge of Colleague required
- Knowledge of Financial Aid preferred
- Experience working in EOF environment preferred
For all positions: (a) demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open door policy; (b) must have demonstrated ability to employ a balanced and positive approach to all work activities and work collaboratively across various constituencies of the College and with vendors and external constituencies; (c) exhibits strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning; (d) technologically proficient in common office desktop software and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software.
Experience: Minimum of two years of experience working in a college setting with multicultural populations.
Bergen Community College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disabling condition, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status
or other non-job related criteria. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, hiring, retention, tenure, promotion, transfer, compensation, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with state laws and regulations.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code SEC-EOF) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by July 29, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com