Bergen Community College is searching for Paramedic Science members to become preceptors as part of the field externship courses. These positions are part-time positions with teaching availability (these positions are non-tenured, non-ranked) and report to the Paramedic Science Director. The schedule for this position is flexible. A minimum of 4 shifts per month at one of the clinical affiliate sites is required. The current clinical affiliates are: Holy Name Medical Center, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, The Valley Hospital, Hackensack University Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, St. Clare’s Healthcare, JFK Health System, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – New Brunswick and Somerset.
Major responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Program Director, Program Medical Director and Clinical Coordinator to assure that all students perform and demonstrate competence in the field externship rotation and assigned clinical skills.
- Ensure that all field externship instruction and evaluations are valid, reliable and consistent with current emergency medical standards of care.
- Utilize down time to engage the student during the field externship.
- Associates degree preferred in related field.
- Current NJ ALS license with a minimum of 5 years continuous NJ ALS experience required.
- Demonstrated mastery of discipline; including but not limited to National Education Standards, National EMS Agenda for the Future, CoAEMSP Accreditation standards, NJAC 8:41 and NJAC 8:41A and the NJ Paramedic Scope of Practice and Medication Formulary information.
- Current AHA BLS CPR certification required
- Current AHA ACLS certification required
- Current AHA PALS certification required
- Current PHTLS/ITLS certification required
- Current Instructor status in one of the following certifications preferred, AHA ACLS Instructor certification, AHA PALS Instructor certification, PHTLS/ITLS instructor certification.
- Knowledge of competency-based education preferred.
- Commitment to continual professional growth and development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, problem solving skills, and leadership capabilities.
All candidates applying for this position must submit 3 reference letters. 2 of the letters must include:
- Endorsement from current EMS Educator/Clinical manager from current MICU employer
- Endorsement from current Medical Director or an Emergency Medicine attending from current MICU employer
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the Job Code PT-PRECEPTOR), resume and three professional letters of reference with current contact information. Send materials by email with the job code of the position(s) you are interested in applying for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com