The Student Affairs Division provides a wide array of services for the College at its Paramus campus, Lyndhurst and Hackensack locations including the administration of Financial Aid, Bursar, Admissions, Advising, Registration, Athletics, Summer Intensive, Testing, Career Services, Student Life and Conduct, and NJ Stars. The division strives to enable the college to carry out its overall mission by continually improving the quality of our services to meet the College’s needs.
The Admissions Department main objective is to serve and support students, and to simplify and streamline the admissions process. Information posted on The BCC web site is provided to make sure that prospective students receive important information about every aspect of the admissions process.
Position Summary/Job Description
Bergen Community College is seeking a high energy, enthusiastic, positive individual to promote Bergen Community College to prospective students. The person in this role will seek out recruitment opportunities on and off campus, meet with prospective students and follow those students through the enrollment cycle. Ability to recruit a diversity of students from all under-represented groups. This position will report to the Director of Admissions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Representing Bergen Community College at community events for the purpose of recruiting new students. This includes, but is not limited to, college fairs, private visits to high schools, open houses, community centers and places of worship.
- Follow-up with prospective students by way of personal notes, phone calls, texts, emails through the College’s Customer Relationship Management.
- Track and post recruitment events using the College’s data system.
- Review applications.
- Meet with students and parents in person or online to assist with the recruitment process.
- Represent the Admissions office at on-campus events such as open houses, program specific information sessions, campus tours and sporting events.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with community stakeholders (principals, guidance counselors, community leaders)
- Collaborate closely with the office of High School & College Partnerships to promote dual enrollment opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree required
Positive working relationship with students
Strong presentation skills
Bi-lingual abilities encouraged
Experience working in an admissions office at an accredited educational institution
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code GR), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by October 30, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org