The Student Affairs Division provides a series of services for the College at its Paramus campus, Lyndhurst and Hackensack locations including the administration of Financial aid, Bursar, Admissions, Advising, Registration, Athletics, Summer Intensive, Testing, Student Life and Conduct, Health Services, and NJ Stars. The division strives to enable the college to carry out its overall mission by continually improving the quality of our services to meet the College’s needs.
Health Services department provides first-aid and healthcare maintenance to all members of the campus community. All of our personalized medical services are offered free of charge in a fully accessible setting. This office also keeps track of NJ state mandated immunizations required for all full-time students and for those enrolled in Nursing and The Health Professions.
Health Services is seeking a registered nurse that will provide high quality healthcare to our student population. This position is located within the Health Services Center and reports to the Head College Nurse. This person must be able to provide clinical support. The role of the RN is both clinical and administrative. This individual provides health care services to eligible students within the standard New Jersey RN scope of practice. SHS is an outpatient medical office that strictly follows FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations in a college-based outpatient setting. May assume responsibilities of head college nurse during periods of absence including vacation, illness, conferences, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate contact tracing efforts with Student Health Services.
- Conduct interviews in a professional manner that reflects emotional and cultural awareness.
- Collect and record accurate information.
- Call newly diagnosed patients to trace individuals they had contact with and determine exposure.
- Interview traced contacts, assessing symptoms, and referring them for testing.
- Provide contacts with regulated information on isolation and quarantine procedures.
- Collaborate with Student Health Services to ensure notification of designated local authorities in supporting the isolation and quarantine of individuals.
- Maintain ongoing virtual communication to monitor symptoms.
- Facilitate health checks and tests, as well as referring contacts to available resources.
- Assist with managing student health intake.
- Comply with all Student Health Department regulations, including those aimed at protecting personal information.
- Must hold valid R.N. license to practice professional nursing in the state of NJ.
- RN License Required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
- Minimum of two years of professional nursing practice including one year in an ambulatory setting.
- Annual requirement for nursing or related CEU’s or related professional education.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
- Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows environment. Must have ability to attain proficiency in use of specific applications used by the college/department.
- Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and multiple tasks in a professional and efficient manner.
- Cultural competency to work with a diverse student and/or employee population.
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must comply with confidentiality practices and decision-making skills.
School/college, public or occupational health experience preferred.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code CN), resume, and three professional references with current contact information. Application materials will be accepted until positions are filled. Send materials by e-mail with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected] .
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com