Bergen Community College, the No. 1 institution in New Jersey for associate degree graduates four years in a row, serving a diverse student body on its suburban campus, has an opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist/HRIS Specialist to join our team. This role serves as a Human Resource Business Partner to Executive Staff and their direct reports by providing counsel to employees, faculty and management on a variety of Human Resource issues including but not limited to policies, procedures, related laws and regulations. Advises on performance management, disciplinary issues, the performance appraisal process and other areas as needed. Performs recruiting, employee relations, compensation, new employee orientation and exit interviews. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all HRIS and Attendance System matters including but not limited to, design and maintenance, application development and reporting tools of current and future HCM systems. Serves as backup to other HR Generalists.
- Provides independent, full-service professional HR support for assigned division(s)/department(s) in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, training and development, communication and payroll.
- Participates in the evaluation of assigned unit(s) goals and objectives, recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the assigned unit(s).
- Works with managers and supervisors to assess staffing needs and assist with creating requisite job descriptions for desired positions.
- Recruits for all levels of employees in assigned unit(s); establishes recruiting strategies and processes, completes reference checks, formulates and extends employment offers based upon internal and external equity and current collective bargaining agreements.
- Participates in the development, prioritization and execution of selected HR and College initiatives, goals and objectives aimed at supporting talent acquisition, performance management, development, engagement/retention of staff and/or other areas of focus.
- Conducts exit interviews and track information; identifies and reports on turnover trends and makes recommendations to address problematic patterns and issues.
- Performs HRIS administration; evaluates, analyzes and maintains College’s existing system(s); coordinates with Information Technologies (IT) for technical support, solutions and program modifications.
- Assist in identifying HRIS needs and software products; act as Subject Matter Expert for HR department.
- Develops and produces a variety of reports and queries and performs data analysis as assigned.
- Assists as required in annual mandatory reporting such as IPEDS, ACA and in recurring tasks such as annual increases and leave accruals.
- Confirms accuracy and integrity of all data entered, and assures information is available on a timely basis; performs monthly HRIS audits.
- Develop and conduct internal control measures for the Office of Human Resources; recommending policies and processes to improve outcomes.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration or related field. SHRM-CP or PHP certification preferred. Minimum 3 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist including HRIS experience using Ellucian Colleague, PeopleSoft, ADP, or other related databases. Experience in higher education preferred. Possesses and applies knowledge of employment law and related federal and state regulations. Demonstrated skill to work with a variety of computer software, database management, and other employee management software applications. Possess proficiency in use of Google and Microsoft Office suite and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software. Exhibits strong communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizational and planning skills.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code GENERALIST), resume, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by November 30, 2020. Send materials by e-mail with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org