Bergen Community College is seeking an HVAC Mechanic “C” stands watch. The HVAC Mechanic “C” operates all HVAC equipment, making minor repairs and adjustments as required and calls for assistance as necessary. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Learning locations of all HVAC equipment and how they relate to each building.
- Learning operation of BAS systems to operate independently.
- Aiding and assisting in operation, repairs and maintenance of the HVAC equipment and controls to operate independently; knowledge and experience operating, repairing and maintaining the HVAC equipment and controls according to manufacturer’s specifications, i.e. valves, motors, belts, bearings, filter, and lubrication preferred. Includes the following: BAS system operation; HVAC water pumps; Water analysis and chemical treatments; Air compressors, Pneumatic, electrical, digital and mechanical controls; Refrigeration, heating, cooling and ventilating equipment; Filter, condenser, cooling towers, evaporators and heat exchangers.
- Making rounds of all equipment rooms identifying and reporting any potential problems and keeps the systems and rooms clean.
- Maintaining and reviewing log entries; ability to prepare written reports as appropriate preferred.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of department spaces.
- Escorting outside contractors/vendor for repairs and maintenance of HVAC systems; experience working with outside contractors/vendors in repair and/or maintenance of HVAC systems preferred.
- Experience installing electric power, piping, controls and duct work to replace, maintain or to install new equipment preferred.
- Experience preparing lists of materials required to maintain inventory and complete projects preferred.
- Following sound safety procedures at all times. Must wear protective equipment as needed (i.e., eye glasses, gloves, hard hat, coveralls).
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Vocational or Technical School education or an appropriate apprenticeship. Certified Pool Operator certification/training. Elevator rescue training.
- Certification/degree in HVAC required; 0-3 years experience maintaining and repairing sophisticated HVAC systems including electric/pneumatic controls, high capacity centrifugal refrigeration equipment and roof top units including proficiency in BAS systems preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to drive in the State of New Jersey.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift any day of the week.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs, use scaffold and ladders and work in high places.
- Must be able to use hand tools, work in non-air conditioned confined spaces which are hot or cold.
- Must be able to see small objects, work alone, twist objects (lights bulbs, pipes and brushes).
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code S-HVAC), curriculum vitae, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by June 3, 2019. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com