Starting Salary: $45,000
- Overtime Opportunities
- Shift Differential
- NJ School Employee Health Program
- Attend Bergen tuition-free
- Tuition reimbursement toward bachelor’s degree
- Dependents attend Bergen with reduced tuition
- 9 paid holidays, 4 personal days, 13 vacation days, & 15 sick days
- Retirement Plan
- Trainings and Growth Opportunities
Position Status: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Bergen Community College is seeking HVAC Mechanics for the College. HVAC Mechanics maintain and service all HVAC systems at all College locations: Paramus, Lyndhurst, and Hackensack.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Operates, repairs and maintains HVAC equipment and controls according to manufacturer’s specifications, i.e. valves, motors, belts, bearings, filter, and lubrication. Includes the following: BAS system operation, HVAC water pumps, water analysis and chemical treatments, air compressors, pneumatic, electrical, digital and mechanical controls, refrigeration, heating, cooling and ventilating equipment; filters, condensers, cooling towers, evaporators and heat exchangers. Works on HVAC rooftop units and split units and chillers.
- Change filters, motors and belts
- Uses computer for the HVAC and heating systems.
- Learns locations of all HVAC equipment and how they relate to each building.
- Escorts outside contractors/vendors for repairs and maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Installs electric power, piping, controls and duct work to replace, maintain or install new equipment.
- Maintains inventory and materials required.
- Follows sound safety procedures at all times.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent including vocational or technical school education or a relevant apprenticeship required. Must have or be willing to obtain a Universal Certificate, Blue Seal License, and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
Experience: High School or Vocational School education or an appropriate apprenticeship in the HVAC field; knowledge and experience operating, repairing and maintaining HVAC equipment and controls according to manufacturer’s specifications, i.e. valves, motors, belts, bearings, filter, and lubrication. Experience working with outside contractors/vendors in repair and/or maintenance of HVAC systems preferred.
Other Skills/Abilities: Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to drive in the State of New Jersey.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift 50 lbs.; Must be able to climb ladders and work in high places; Must be able to work in non-airconditioned confined spaces which are hot or cold and be able to work in all types of weather. Must wear protective equipment as needed (i.e., eye glasses, gloves, hard hat, coveralls).
All interested candidates should send a resume and three professional references with current contact information. Application materials will be accepted until positions are filled. Send materials by email with “HVAC Mechanic” in the subject line to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org