Part-Time Manufacturing Instructor
Envision yourself in a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative work environment that has a deep commitment to position our graduates for success in their professional and personal lives. Imagine working at a college that welcomes everyone – students, faculty and staff, and community members – regardless of their backgrounds, beliefs, or traditions. If the above description fits the work environment you are looking for, welcome to Bergen Community College, The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development.
The Advanced Manufacturing instructor is responsible for classroom and lab instruction in various manufacturing courses and assists in supervising machining students while in the lab. Additionally, the instructor will collaborate with other faculty members of the manufacturing program and provide quality instruction for a diverse student population; perform instructional duties and responsibilities according to the college’s philosophy, mission, policies, and procedures. This role may require additional training on equipment relevant to other manufacturing programs, including fabrication and production equipment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing, CNC, machining techniques, theory, and equipment.
- Demonstrated competence in manufacturing practices and awareness of safety standards.
- Supervision of others in the manufacturing and classroom environment.
- Possess a desire and enthusiasm to train new students in the field of manufacturing and the desire to improve your teaching and mentoring skills constantly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches assigned manufacturing courses and associated labs and maintains written instructional standards;
- Facilitates instruction using alternative delivery methods as needed;
- Informs students in writing of instructional standards;
- Participates in the assessment of student learning outcomes;
- Establishes, maintains, and submits accurate student and instructional records in a timely manner;
- Preparation of courses, instructional materials, and evaluation tools; reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, laboratories, and course procedure sheets for manufacturing technology courses;
- Implements changes as necessary to maintain a successful manufacturing technology program;
- Reviews and updates course outlines, textbooks, and course procedure sheets for assigned courses;
- Participates in meetings as necessary;
- Assists in maintaining equipment and supply inventory;
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Instructors are expected to be flexible and encouraging of students;
- Possess the ability to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective, and competent manner and to strive for improvement and excellence in all work performed.
- Additionally, instructors must understand the comprehensive role of the college and cooperate and work harmoniously with students, faculty and staff, and the public.
- Instructors will follow all college policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines as they relate to this position.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in technology education or at least 10 years of related field experience.
- Experience working with students/employees in manufacturing and technology.
- A minimum of 3-years of experience in the technology education field is preferred but not required.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent and curriculum vitae or resume. Send materials by email with the job code (CE-MI) of the position(s) you are interested in applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org