Provides network support to operational computer network users
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assembles and configures network components and performs associated services.
- Sets up and maintains basic network operations including assembly of network hardware.
- Provides users with network technical support and performs network troubleshooting.
- Installs network hardware and software components, including upgrades as required; configures network printing, directory structures, rights and security, and software and files services; performs software and hardware testing to ensure quality service.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
(1) Education: Minimum of 2 years of related experience/or Associate’s Degree/or 2 years at a technical school, or a combination of both to equal 2 years.
(2) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (a) Well versed with technologies including Netapp 3250 SAN, Juniper SSL VPN, F5 LTM, BEA Weblogic, RSA Secure ID, Symantec security products, Tipping Point IPS, SCCM 2007, MOM 2005, Cisco ASA 5550, LMS-WebCT, VMWare, Symantec NetBackup, etc.(c) demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open door policy; (d) must have demonstrated ability to employ a balanced and positive approach to all work activities and work collaboratively across various constituencies of the College and with vendors and external constituencies; (e) exhibits strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning; (f) technologically proficient in common office desktop software and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software.
(3) Experience: (a) experience with NetAlert & SNMPc, Cisco Real-time Monitoring Tool, NetApp OnTap, Dell OpenManage IT Assistant, Eaton LanSafe, and RoomAlert preferred.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code IT – NA II) curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by December 18, 2020. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com