Provides advanced network support to all college end users.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides level 1 and 2 network and communications technical support and troubleshooting.
- Designs and proposes network topologies, vlan structures and network security policies to IT Management.
- Installs network hardware and software components, including upgrades, as required; configures network services, and works closely with the systems team to ensure connectivity between IT systems and the rest of the network.
- Creates and maintains network topology (wired, wireless, and plant) and configuration documentation.
- Configures and deploys IP Based telephony and voicemail systems.
- Configures and deploys analogue telephony devices.
- Configures and deploys VPN services both point to point and client-side.
- Coordinates network cable installations with cabling vendor and reviews contractor work to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Configures, monitors, and maintains advanced monitoring and alerting for network resources including SNMP, syslog and other related monitoring and management tools.
- Participates in monthly after-hours maintenance windows.
- Responds to critical support issues outside of work hours as needed.
- Works closely with end users and/or other ITS members to ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Management, Administration and Maintenance of firewalls, routers and switches and network security appliances.
- Sets up and maintains basic network operations, including assembly of network hardware.
- Mentor’s junior staff facilitating technical skills and knowledge growth.
- Provides technical input and guidance on technology projects and initiatives.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Infrastructure Services or other designated management.
(1) Education: Associate’s Degree/or 2 years at a technical school, or a combination of both to equal 2 years. Cisco CCNA certification desired.
(2) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates understanding of higher education environments and the community college mission. Should be well versed with technologies including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless infrastructure, virtualization technology, and packet-shaping. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of networking concepts across all layers of the OSI model. Is familiar with and comfortable working with advanced IT systems and services such as SDN, VDI, FCoE and ISCSI. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have excellent communications skills; both written and verbal. Is well versed in IP telephony operations and protocols. This role must be adept at building and maintaining relationships, be highly organized and have a strong focus on customer service.
(3) Experience: Minimum of 4 year’s experience in a network administrator role
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code IT – NA II) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by March 19, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org