This is a Part-Time / Evening Afterschool Teaching Assistant position.
There are two positions available.
Hours: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Part-time Afterschool Teaching Assistant is responsible to assist the Evening Supervisor/Group Teacher for the effective operation of the classroom and well-being of the school-aged children up to age 12-years-old enrolled in the afterschool program which includes.
- Instructional and classroom management activities, including helping with homework and custodial care of the classrooms.
- In addition, in order to follow COVID protocols, the Teacher Assistant will assist in screening the children at the door and escorting them to their classrooms.
- Required to attend CPR training, staff meetings and perform other duties as they may be assigned. A background check is required.
- One year experience working with elementary school-aged children and 6 CEU hours of child care.
- Child Development Association (CDA) certificate or 15 college credits in child development, education, recreation, psychology, or any other field related to child growth and development preferred. Temporary one-year grant position.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. All interested candidates should send their resume via email (including the job code PT-TEA in the subject line) to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Bergen Community College Foundation Office
400 Paramus Road, Room A325
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to Sdionisio@bergen.edu