This Basic Drafting course is one of eight courses for the Interior Design Certificate offered by the Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development. Instructors must have a strong knowledge of drafting, interior design, and experience in interiors, and architecture. The course provides the basics of drafting and reading construction documents including using correct tools for hand drafting, documenting an existing space, and developing a design project.
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality and technically relevant instruction, assessment, and feedback in lecture and laboratory
- Deliver online classes if necessary
- Teach material from approved curriculum
- Maintain daily attendance
- Monitor students’ performance to make suggestions for improvement and to ensure that they satisfy course standards, training requirements, and objectives
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
- Assist with course/program evaluation
- Available to teach evening or weekend classes
Degree in architecture, interior design or related fields
1. 5+ years in the field with experience in drafting of interior residential and commercial design
2. 2+ years of instructional experience in teaching and similar field
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent and curriculum vitae or resume. Send materials by email with the job code (CE – BD) in the subject line to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com