Website Bergen Community College
7:30am-12pm (Monday thru Thursday)
The Library Assistant-Media will be responsible for assisting in all basic operations of the Library Media Services at the Pitkin Education Building of the Paramus campus, and will be trained to provide back-up service at the Library Service Desks for both Paramus and Meadowlands locations.
The successful hire will explain library policies and procedures; advise faculty and students in the use of computer and media equipment for academic related use; provide assistance to faculty and students with media mobile equipment, multimedia equipment and tablets; identify and resolve basic hardware and software issues, assist with the library catalog and Internet searches; and other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent;
- One year experience in public services;
- Experience using a multi faceted integrated library system or equivalent;
- Must have working knowledge of basic computer skills (basic computer and peripherals troubleshooting, email, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet searching);
- Ability to assist with computers, tablets, media equipment and other mechanical operations of the education related media equipment;
- Must have excellent customer service, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Must be detail oriented and have an ability to work well within a team as well as independently;
- May work some weekends and at different locations; must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and to move throughout the library, or within the building to assist faculty and students.
Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. All interested candidates should send their resume via email (including the job code PT–LAMEDIAMOR) to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org