Full Time Position
Starting Salary: 60,OOO
- Overtime Opportunities
- Shift Differential
- NJ School Employee Health Program
- Attend Bergen tuition-free
- Tuition reimbursement toward bachelor’s degree
- Dependents attend Bergen with reduced tuition
- 9 paid holidays, 4 personal days, 13 vacation days, & 15 sick days
- Retirement Plan
- Trainings and Growth Opportunities
Maintain the flow and drainage of water, air and other gases by assembling, installing and repairing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures districtwide.
- Install, repair and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians and other construction professionals.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Light construction, carpentry, painting, flooring, ceiling and electrical work as required.
- Prepare bids, budgets and cost estimates.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations and safety practices.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawing.
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, cast iron and copper
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency basic mathematics and conversion of measurements.
- Physical dexterity in limbs and digits to operate hand and power-driven tools and equipment.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basic, and occasionally up 100 pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- State Plumbing License.
- 1 -3 years’ experience as a journeyman plumber.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must have own tools.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code PBCC), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. This position will remain up until filled. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Bergen Community College Foundation Office
400 Paramus Road, Room A325
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com