Website Bergen Community College
The Process Automation Specialist at Bergen Community College (BCC) will work as part of a team that is responsible for the design and development of electronic forms and workflows using Enterprise Content Management tools. The role will be responsible for understanding user requirements and translating them into efficient digital processes with easy-to-use interfaces.
The Process Automation Specialist will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and design automated process solutions. An ability to understand complex business process issues and deliver effective digital solutions is essential for success in this role.
This role requires demonstrated expertise in the design and development of web-based automated solutions.
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual Salary in range of $55,000-$65,000.
- NJ Educators Health Plan with free Vision and Dental. NJ State Pension plan.
- 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, 4 personal days, 2 floating holidays, all designated holidays and 5 non-designated holidays for a total of 52 days a year. 3 Partial Sick Days.
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities 6 months after hire.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design digital business processes, forms, and workflows using enterprise content management tools.
- Understand business requirements and convert them into efficient digital processes.
- Deliver first-class automated solutions using a combination of out-of-the-box enterprise software such as Laserfiche and custom-coded solutions tailored to the college’s business needs.
- Ensure consistency in form and process design methodology.
- Develop a standardized functional and user-friendly user interface to ensure high user adoption.
- Ensure that all e-forms are ADA compliant.
- Maintain a database of all forms and business processes and track changes.
- Develop reports for end-users.
- Provide Tier I and Tier II customer service and functional support to end-users.
- Work with customers to diagnose, review, and resolve incidents
- Provide training to the user community.
- Understand and monitor the product roadmap to stay ahead of emerging trends that will challenge existing processes or tools.
- Update user accounts and grant permissions based on approved requests.
- Perform data validation using various reports generated from systems.
- Participate in testing of system upgrades, new releases, bundles, and patches.
- May work as part of a project support team.
- May collaborate with various subject-matter experts to assess solution needs and identify desired outcomes.
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels within the institution to ensure that the office is projected in an effective manner in dealing with both internal and external constituencies of the College;
- Relational database knowledge/experience (e.g. SQL database) is desirable;
- Experience in writing SQL queries, PL/SQL programs, procedures, functions, and packages is desirable;
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to clarify issues, ability to analyze and consider all options and identify solutions, willingness to experiment to find solutions, and learn quickly when facing new problems;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including process documentation;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work on multiple, complex technical projects at the same time;
- Ability to adapt and handle frequent changes to processes and requirements;
- good team player and result-orientated;
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored, or accessed;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the community college mission and practices an open-door policy;
- Must have demonstrated ability to employ a balanced and positive approach to all work activities and work collaboratively across various constituencies of the College and with vendors and external constituencies;
- Exhibits strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning;
- Technologically proficient in common office desktop software and familiar with cloud-based computing and collaborative platforms and software
Must regularly be able to lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds. May occasionally be required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
Associate’s degree in a computer-related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in web development; forms design/development, workflow development; business process analysis with a track record of measurable business results.
- Relational database knowledge/experience (e.g. SQL database) is desirable.
- Experience in writing SQL queries, PL/SQL programs, procedures, functions, and packages is desirable.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code BCC-PAS), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by June 30th, 2022. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org