Performs high-level functions related to the selection and purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services for the College.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains effective working relationships with faculty and administration in order to facilitate more economical buying, simulate planning of purchases, and promote prompt and satisfactory service.
- Conducts special surveys and research of sources of supply, buying needs of the College, method of obtaining favorable discounts or other similar projects.
- Acts as a specialist in the purchase of equipment, supplies and services requiring extensive technical knowledge of sources of supply, interpretation of specifications and possible substitutions.
- Responsible for large coordinated buying programs such as the purchase of supplies and equipment for the College.
- Assists in training new buyers.
- Prepares documents for requests for quotations and for public solicitations, conducts the process and analyzes results.
- Prepares other procurement related documents as required.
- Enters data and generates purchase orders in the Procurement system.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records for the Purchasing Department files.
Administrative and Other Duties
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: (1) Education: Associates Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred. New Jersey public purchasing certification a plus (2) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (a) Understands, interprets and utilizes standard purchasing practices while adhering to New Jersey County Contracts Law and other applicable State and Federal laws related to public purchasing; ability to work in a fast-paced environment performing multiple tasks and projects while attending to the immediate needs of members of the campus community and required deadlines; detail oriented self-starter, ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a team in a collaborative manner, exercises good judgment, and is able to understand and follow established protocols; (b) exhibits strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning; (c) technologically proficient in common office desktop software and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software. (3) Experience: (a) Minimum of 4 years of purchasing department experience preferably in public higher education or the public sector.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code P-BUYER) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by March 2, 2020. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com