Bergen Community College has a part-time opening for a grant funded Supplemental Instruction (SI) STEM Assistant to assist the Cerullo Learning Assistance Center (CLAC) in providing, coordinating and assessing the Supplemental Instruction (SI) as well as the Just-in-Time Online Learning Tool (JOLT) programs for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) students as designated by the STEMatics Grant. This position will supervise SI Leaders and JOLT participants; collaborate with CLAC staff members, and the designated grant team on promotional ideas and other support services; assist in implementing and monitoring the SI program in relation to STEM courses; co-coordinate and conduct SI Leader trainings; collect and analyze data; ensure appropriate resources are available for SI Leaders; assist in the observation of SI sessions and SI Leaders debrief sessions; video editing and audio recording of educational and promotional materials; create and maintain social media support pages; develop applications to provide a centralized hub for STEMatics services; create and maintain online tutorial services utilizing in-house tutors; create LMS (Moodle) shell to increase access to supplemental STEM resources and other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s preferred. Demonstrated knowledge in college level STEM or background in statistics and statistical analysis preferred
- Effective supervisory experience and skills required
- Experience in social media utilization and administration a plus
- Knowledge in LMS (Moodle) and screencast software a plus
- Skills in website development, video editing, audio recording and app development are a plus
- Knowledgeable about reporting procedures and experience with web-based scheduling software (e.g. TutorTrac)
- Possess intermediate-expert proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel as well as internet research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to students, tutors, and faculty
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment and master web technologies
- Must be able to work some evenings
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code PT-STEM ASSISTANT), curriculum vitae, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. Applications will be received until position is filled. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org