This position administers, plans, coordinates, installs and configures patches and upgrades; troubleshoots and maintains core server environment. Provides levels two and three support to Systems Administrators. Provides technical assistance for the acquisition, installation and use of computer operating systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administers, plans, coordinates, installs and configures patches and upgrades; troubleshoots and maintains core server environment.
- Provides levels two and three support to Systems Administrators.
- Supports applications including Internet email systems, DNS, public Internet and internal Intranet Web services, and network management platforms on enterprise-wide system.
- Coordinates activities with vendors and outside consultants to price support for a range of Systems including Windows 2003/2008/2012, LDAP, IPS, Exchange 2010, VMWare 5.x, WebCT 8, FTP NetApp SAN, Unix and Linux
- Acts as team lead for internal MS SharePoint and SQL environments.
- Monitors and maintains the College’s Intrusion Detection System.
- Serves as the lead technical resource for NetApp 3250 SAN storage environment, Cisco UCS, and VMWare virtual server environment.
- Provides back-up support for network firewalls, audit log servers and security systems.
- Assists in the support requirements for SQL Server and MySQL databases including CSV, LDAP and other applications.
- Provides administrative, technical support and maintenance services for the Information Technology’s database and application development activities.
- Provides backup Database Administrator support for the department.
- Mentors junior staff facilitating technical skills and knowledge growth.
- Assists in the creation of work plans, planning documents and reporting.
- Creates and maintains full documentation of all systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Must regularly be able to lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds.
- May occasionally be required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
Required Qualifications: Education: Associate’s Degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school; or 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience: (a) Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open door policy; (b) possesses advanced knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems; Server 2003 – 2012; (c) possesses expert level knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008, Microsoft AD, LDAP, SharePoint 2010, VMWare, WebCT8, FTP, NetApp SAN, Unix, SQL Server, and MySQL databases including CSV, LDAP and other applications (d) expert level proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software; (e) demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open door policy; (f) must have demonstrated ability to employ a balanced and positive approach to all work activities and work collaboratively across various constituencies of the College and with vendors and external constituencies; (g) exhibits strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing, and planning.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code IT – SA II) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by December 18, 2020. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org