Provides technical support and assistance for the acquisition, installation and management of IT systems and servers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installs, configures, and maintains Windows and Unix/Linux Operating systems.
- Installs, configures and maintains Infrastructure hardware and systems including servers, switches, SANs/fabrics and appliances.
- Serves as the lead technical resource for the college’s server, storage and virtualized environments.
- Supports applications including Internet email systems, DNS, Web Server’s/Service, and management platforms.
- Provides application support and administration across various operating systems including but not limited to email systems, dns, web servers/services and management platforms.
- Maintains user accounts, security groups and distribution lists.
- Coordinates activities with vendors and consultants to provide support for a wide range of technologies.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation of all systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Evaluates and recommends the purchase of hardware, software and technical services.
- Manages IT Projects and creates project plans and supporting documents as directed.
- Implements, maintains and supports network and server security devices and logging systems.
- Provides backup support for SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and other databases and datastores.
- Resolves technical support issues related to supported systems.
- Mentor’s junior staff facilitating technical skills and knowledge growth.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Technical Systems Manager or other designated management.
- Must regularly be able to lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds.
- May occasionally be required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
Required Qualifications: Education: Associate’s Degree or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school; or 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience: 2 to 4 years’ experience and/or training. Demonstrates understanding of higher education environments and the community college mission. Must have a strong technical command of Microsoft Windows Operating System administration concepts. Must have a strong working knowledge of managing domain services (AD/LDAP), exchange administration, SQL Server administration (SQL Server/MySQL/etc.) and managing File Sharing rights and permissions. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have excellent communications skills both written and verbal. Be familiar with and comfortable working with advanced IT systems such as NetApp Filer’s or other NAS/SAN appliances, VMWare esx clusters (or other virtualization technologies) HCI and Unix/Linux systems. This role must be adept at building and maintaining relationships, be highly organized and have a strong focus on customer service.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code IT – SA II) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by March 19, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org