The position will be responsible for full life cycle recruitment for Bergen Community College, as well as supporting the development of and then maintaining effective programs for retention, promotion and succession planning that will develop the college culture and support strategic goals. This position will lead recruiting initiatives and improvements, including, but not limited to processes and forms, and serves as primary coordinator for future implementation of an applicant tracking system and other recruiting tools. This position will manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and quality improvement programs are developed and managed using a data-driven focus that sets priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic planning goals.
- Provides independent, full-service professional HR support for the assigned unit area of talent acquisition, performance management and fully life cycle of recruitment.
- Participates in the evaluation of the recruitment life cycle goals and objectives, recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the College’s recruitment and retention programs.
- Works with managers and supervisors to assess staffing needs and assist with creating requisite job descriptions for desired positions.
- Handles all recruitment activities, including full-time, temporary and part-time employment, in assigned unit(s) including job posting, ad placement, search process and compliance, completes reference checks, formulates and extends employment offers based upon internal and external equity and current collective bargaining agreements, conducts new hire orientation and assists with website maintenance for job postings and application process.
- Prepares, maintains and disseminates weekly recruiting report.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions for assigned units and acts as coordinator of college-wide job description maintenance.
- Participates in the development, prioritization and execution of selected HR and College initiatives, goals and objectives aimed at supporting talent acquisition, performance management, development, engagement/retention of staff and/or other areas of focus.
- Conducts exit interviews and tracks information; identifies and reports on turnover trends and makes recommendations to address problematic patterns and issues.
- Manages the organizational structure changes with updating, posting and dissemination of organizational charts.
- Manages temporary and part time employment activities and produces related monthly reports; monitors all requests, obtains necessary approvals and coordinates issues related to staffing, billing and other customer
- Coordinates with HRIS administration; evaluates, analyzes and maintains College’s existing system(s); coordinates with Information Technologies (IT) for technical support, solutions and program modifications.
- Serves as backup to other Human Resource department team members.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field. SHRM-CP or PHP
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years HR experience as an HR Generalist including recruiting experience required. Experience in higher education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to work independently while performing data analysis which encompasses multiple information sources. Possess and applies knowledge of employment law and related federal and state regulations. Demonstrates skills to work with a variety of computer software, database management, and other employee management software applications. Possess proficiency in use of Google and Microsoft Office suite and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software. Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills, relationship building, organizing and planning.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code HR-TM), resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by January 28, 2022. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com